What are Eco-Friendly Packaging Materials
Now, more than ever, we are so aware of the importance of reducing our impact on the environment. Not only are consumers leaning more towards sustainability in the items that they are purchasing, but they are also becoming more likely to buy from stores that offer recyclable and eco-friendly packaging options. Because of this, many businesses are looking for new ways and innovative ways to package their products in a sustainable way.
From biodegradable containers and sustainably-sourced cardboard to recyclable plastics, the world of eco-friendly packaging materials is constantly inventing new solutions. But what exactly are eco-friendly packaging materials? To put it simply, it’s packaging that reduces its environmental footprint and this can happen in a variety of ways:
- Reusability – creating a lifecycle around the eco-friendly packaging options, extending its usability
- Production process – reducing the amount of waste and harmful steps in the production process, supply chain and carbon footprint
- Ingredients – using fully recycled or sustainably-sourced raw materials
Why choose eco-friendly packaging materials for your business?
While the drive for sustainable packaging materials from consumers is a huge factor when considering using eco-friendly packaging for business, but there are several other reasons why sustainability should feature on your packaging plan.
As a business, you can massively reduce your carbon footprint by investing in eco-friendly packaging options. Whether you believe in global warming or not, you will be able to reduce your CO2 emissions, which is really beneficial for the planet. Most eco-friendly packaging options are non-toxic and allergy free, too, so not only will you reduce the risk to the planet, but also the risk to your customers.
Sustainable packaging materials tend to be lighter than typical packaging, helping you to save on shipping costs. To take this one step further, think locally when seeking freight carriers, couriers and packaging materials to reduce costs and your carbon footprint even more.
What eco-friendly packaging options are available for businesses?
Here at The Printed Bag Shop, we have a huge variety of eco-friendly packaging for business owners and we’re always on hand to help you find the perfect solution. Wherever possible, our product range is 100% sustainable packaging and create from fully recyclable materials. This includes:
- Plastic mailing bags – high quality, cost-effective and recyclable. These mailing bags are an essential when it comes to promotional packaging.
- Printed jute bags – for durability and strength. These hessian bags can be printed with your logo, tagline or image for customers to use again and again.
- Printed luxury kraft bags – more eco-friendly than our laminated paper bags. These luxurious bags feel high end and premium, with their cotton rope handles and stylish laminated finish.
- Custom printed plastic bags – 100% recyclable and customisable. Our popular plastic bags can be reused or recycled to be kind to the planet without compromising on quality.
- Printed cotton bags – move on from plastic and promote lifelong usability with cotton bags. Our cotton tote bags are ethically-sourced and promise years of use for all shopping trips.
If you would like any more information about the eco-friendly packaging materials we offer or advice on which sustainable solution will work best for your business, please get in touch with our team today.